Our dream is to build a sustainable, suburban farmstead (farm/homestead) based on permaculture and other holistic principles ...exploring and demonstrating methods to heal humans through participation in activities focused on healing our ecosystem. Our plan includes cultivating plants for food and raising animals to be co-laborers. From this, we intend to provide education services and animal-assisted therapy for children and adults recovering from trauma and developmental-based issues.
We could use your help to get this project off of the ground.
The critical path to launching the Smiths' Meadow Project:
- Convert lease to purchase
- Fencing and other infrastructure
- Launch revenue streams to support the project (produce and value-added food product sales)
- Acquire animals as co-laborers and therapy assistants (goats, chickens, miniature donkeys, etc)
- Education and therapy partner development